The main emphasis of this program is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the design, inspection and maintenance of aboveground storage tanks based on API 653 standards. Above ground storage tanks are one of the critical production assets in process industry. How to adopt code rules for your plant’s storage tanks and various service conditions will be illustrated with numerous case studies. Important codes will be reviewed and discussed so as to address the difficulties and ambiguities you might have encountered during working.
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING THIS COURSE
1. Knowledge of API publications and other international standards which include:
- API 650, Welded Tanks for Oil Storage
- API 653, Tank Inspection, Repair, Alteration and Reconstruction
- API RP 576, Inspection of Pressure-relieving Devices
- API RP 575, Inspection of Atmospheric and Low-Pressure Storage Tanks
- API RP 651, Cathodic Protection of Aboveground petroleum Storage Tanks
- API RP 652, Lining Aboveground Petroleum Storage Tanks Bottoms
- API RP 571, Damage Mechanisms (related to storage tank)
- API RP 577, Welding Inspection and Metallurgy
- ASME Sect V, Nondestructive Examination
- ASME Sect IX, Welding Qualifications
2. Knowledge and expertise that are required for maintenance, rating, inspection, repair and alteration of in-service storage tank
3. Information of API Individual Certification Program and API 653 Inspector certification process.
4. The trainer is a practitioner with in-depth knowledge and experience about the industry that will benefit participants to learn about knowledge applications in real work.