What is Visual Testing?
Visual testing is a Non-Destructive Testing method by which reflected or transmitted light from a test object is imaged with a light sensitive device.
What are the responsibilities of a individual who is certified to Visual Level 2?
An individual certified to Visual Level 2 has demonstrated competence to perform NDT according to Visual Testing procedures. Within the scope of the competence defined on the certificate, Level 2 personnel may be authorised by the employer to:
- Select the Visual technique for the test method to be used;
- Define the limitations of application of the testing method;
- Translate NDT codes, standards, specifications and procedures into NDT instructions adapted to the actual working conditions;
- Set up and verify equipment settings;
- Perform and supervise tests;
- Interpret and evaluate results according to applicable standards, codes, specifications or procedures;
- Prepare Visual written instructions
- Carry out and supervise all tasks at or below level 2;
- Provide guidance for personnel at or below level 2, and
- Report the results of Visual test