The method can detect surface or near-surface flaws such as cracks, laps, seams and inclusions in ferromagnetic materials such as iron and steel. One of the main advantages of magnetic particle inspection is that it can give an immediate indication of defects and discontinuities.
Our techniques for magnetic particle inspection include:
- Bench (Direct current/Head shot/Central Conductor/AC/HWDC)
- Permanent magnetic
- Yoke (AC/HWDC)
- Ring bench
- Coil/cable wrap technique
- Prod technique
- Structural Welding: AWS D1.1
- Power Piping Welding: ASME B31.1
- Piping process Welding: ASME B31.3
- Pressure Vessel Welding: ASME Section VIII Div 1,
- ISO 5817: Welding — Fusion-welded joints in steel, nickel, titanium and their alloys (beam welding excluded) —Quality levels for imperfections.
- Non-destructive testing of welds — Magnetic particle testing of welds — Acceptance levels (ISO 23278:2006)
- Others standard: AS, JIS, ASTM ….